Shu (b. 1994 China, based in Berlin) is a designer and developer focusing on visual ideas.
Started programming in high school and has since spent 4 years on algorithm competitions, Shu worked as a graphic designer and web developer in Shanghai, and got his BSc degree in Computer Science from Fudan University. Shu started to contribute to the open source community since 2013. He created projects like SWR and Nextra, and is currently a member of the Next.js team. He also enjoys creating game, creative coding and HCI prototypes as side projects.
- Web development and design at Vercel (formerly ZEIT), 2018–
- Software engineer at Microsoft, 2017–2018
- Bachelor of Computer Science at Fudan University. Shanghai, China, 2013–2017
- Game grant winner from Thekla (makers of The Witness and Braid), 2018
- Top 30. Tencent GAD Game Innovation Competition 2016
- Outstanding Creative Awards (10 teams), Tencent TPai Student Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition 2016
- 1st place. HackShanghai 2015, China’s largest hackathon
- 6th place. MegCup 2015
- Gold Medal, 8th place. ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Contest 2013
- First prize. China National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces (NOIP) 2011, 2012 (2nd place in Hubei provience)
- Bronze Medal. China National Olympiad in Informatics (NOI) 2011, 2012
- China app gives shy students a virtual voice — Reuters
- A Win For "Pouring Ball" — China Plus
- Empowering Frontend Apps with Serverless Next.js — Alibaba D2