Shu (b. 1994, Wuhan, China) is a designer and developer focusing on visual ideas.
Started programming in high school and has since spent 4 years on algorithm competitions, Shu worked as a graphic designer and web developer in Shanghai, cofounded a tech startup company, and got his BSc degree in Computer Science from Fudan University. He also created a lot of game and HCI projects, and taught himself drawing, photography and guitar.
Feel free to get in touch via Twitter DM or email@example.com.
- Web development and design at ZEIT, 2018–present
- Previously worked/interned as a software engineer at Microsoft, Strikingly, Megvii.
- Bachelor of Computer Science at Fudan University. Shanghai, China, 2013–2017
Web Design & Development
- zeit.co dashboard development
- SWR creator and maintainer
- nextjs.org design & development (source)
- VRS design & development (source)
HCI & Game Design
- Out of Bounds Exception, a puzzle game prototype. 2018
- The Spectator. 2017
- Mak, an experiment on text editors and note taking. 2017
- Flappy Cube, a demo of exploration on visual effects in 2D platformer games. 2017
- Pouring Ball. 2015
- y86.js.org, Y86 CPU Visualization. 2015
- Animator, a Flash-like tool to create simple animations. 2014
Awards & Honors
- Game grant winner from Thekla (makers of The Witness and Braid), 2018
- Top 30. Tencent GAD Game Innovation Competition 2016
- Outstanding Creative Awards (10 teams), Tencent TPai Student Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition 2016
- 1st place. HackShanghai 2015, China’s largest hackathon
- 6th place. MegCup 2015
- Gold Medal, 8th place. ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Contest 2013
- First prize (<1% nationwide, 2nd place in Hubei provience). NOIP (China National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces) 2012
- Bronze Medal. NOI (China National Olympiad in Informatics) 2012
- First prize. NOIP 2011
- Bronze Medal. NOI 2011
- China app gives shy students a virtual voice — Reuters
- A Win For "Pouring Ball" — China Plus
- Empowering Frontend Apps with Serverless Next.js — Alibaba D2